Sat, 02 Sept|
Take a 'BEING' Day
A mini-holiday for the soul, in the city.
Time & Location
02 Sept 2023, 09:00 – 17:00 SAST
Cape Town, Rhodes Dr, Newlands, Cape Town, 7735, South Africa
About the event
Feeling exhausted? Overwhelmed? Uninspired?
When is the last time you spent a day outdoors, drinking in the natural beauty and simply BEING?
Allow yourself the experience of sinking into a healing state, basking in the beauty of Kirstenbosch Gardens and reflecting on where you are in life right now. The day aims to be light, easy and simple with plenty of time for yourself while being part of a group and a structured process.
You won’t have to drive 3 hours to get there.
Or get a pet sitter.
No kids allowed.
No needy cell phones allowed.
Easy. Relaxing. Breathing space.
What is a state of BEING?
Creativity depends on two states: Being and Doing.
In a world fixated on DOING, our right to simply BE has been quashed. A state of Being is nice and slow. The focus is on the experience itself, rather than an outcome. It's a portal into inhabiting yourself.
Being drops you into the womb of creativity, clear thinking and vitality. It allows you to heal and regenerate.
By connecting with yourself, others and your surroundings, the ecology of your inner environment rebalances and awakens the wild, vital core of your soul.
What to expect:
- A few prompts/exercises to open you up to the environment
- Walking exercise
- Writing exercise
- A spot of simple meditation/observation
- Some free time in the garden to BE by yourself
- Comfy clothes
- Money for your entrance to Kirstenbosch (sometimes they only take cash; sometimes they only take cards. It’s a surprise. R90 for SA citizens last time I checked.)
- Meet at FYNKOS Cafe (@ Gate 2)
- 9am Saturday morning
- Bring a picnic to share
- A blanket/cushion to sit on
- A notebook and pen
- A hat; water; anything else you need to be comfortable
- Leave your cell phone at home.
- We finish round 5pm.
Discounts for 10 or more. Email me for groups: firstname.lastname@example.org
BEING DAY 2 Sept
This ticket excludes your entry to Kirstenbosch GardensR 650,00