Tue, 06 Jun|
Unleashing Your Creative Self
A 22-day Online Ritual to revitalise your creative impulse
Time & Location
06 Jun 2023, 19:00 – 27 Jun 2023, 21:00
About the event
A POWERFUL WILDNESS LIES BURIED WITHIN YOU.
Can you feel it?
It's there, just underneath the surface of your skin, something that's indigenous only to you.
I imagine it as a jungle: wild, untamed, dark and messy; filled with diversity. It’s the slow heartbeat at the bottom of your life.
This creative force longs to reveal itself. It wants to find expression through you; to be seen, witnessed and validated.
Soul is a willful expression of what it feels like to be yourself.
But our inner wildness is under threat. To protect ourselves from the primal fear of being ostracized or ridiculed by our tribe, we routinely tame our souls and stay small, watered down versions of ourselves. Much like the destruction of the natural world, I believe that this diminishing is a violence we inflict upon ourselves. The wild self would rather fail at its own creative life than live somebody else’s.
The archetype of the Fool offers us clues as to how to jump the garden gate. Her pure heart, sense of adventure and courage shows us how to unleash a life drenched in magic, depth and meaning. Contrary to what the world would like you to believe, that life is your birthright.
Unleashing Your Creative Self is a 21-day online workshop that aims to widen what we perceive to be creatively possible in our lives, loosen the bonds of the cultivated mind and release it once more to roam free in our inner Wild Places.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
We unleash the Creative Self when we are able to move outside the boundaries of our usual interactions with the world. This retreat will offer you ways in which you may be able to do this via prompts, visualisations, a workbook, homework assignments etc.
You are able to engage with the material as deeply or as marginally as feels appropriate and doable to you.
- An enlivened creative spirit
- An illuminated sense of wonder in the world around you
- Tools to stay on your creative path
- An experience of what it feels like to transcend your normal frame of reference
- Seeing the world like a ‘positive deviant’
- Weekly check-in on a Tuesday night 7pm till 9pm SAST on Zoom (6, 13, 20 and 27 June)
- Admin only Whatsapp group to share my prompts, visualisations, quests etc.
- Facebook Group to share homework results
- Full Price: R1,450
- Early Bird Price: R1,250 (before 10 May)
- Current Creativity Group members: R1,100 (before 10 May)
Branch: 022 209
Acc: 07 202 9218
(Email confirmation so that I have your name and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org)